An insight into artificial intelligence in therapeutic discovery: an interview with Daniel Smith, Co-Founder and Director of Software at Entos
November 16, 2021
Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center
Daniel Smith is the co-founder and director of software at Entos. Daniel holds a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and a Ph.D. in computational chemistry. With a passion for science, technology, and software engineering, Daniel has completed research for Georgia Institute of Technology and the Molecular Sciences Software Institute at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, before beginning his journey with Entos. With a presence in our co-working community, COgro, they are working on AI-driven chemistry for medicine.
- 2015 - Graduated with a Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Chemistry from Auburn University.
- 2010 - Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry from the College of Charleston.
- Worked as a postdoctoral research associate for Georgia Institute of Technology, and worked as a software scientist at The Molecular Science Software institute in Blacksburg, VA.
- Started at Entos in April of 2020 as co-founder and principal software engineer and is now the director of software.
- Has a deep passion for computational chemistry, quantum chemistry, education, science, and technology.